Awe. Ahhhhhhhhh.

I've considered writing more than a few times since arriving in Hwasun.  Some thing or another has stopped me.  Nothing in particular.  Pretty much just awe.  I am reminded of the things I fell in love with in Korea the first time by being here.  Surrounded by big foothills, (mountains) and with the ability to get up and go much more quickly into the areas that are even more picturesque.

I will write more soon, but I am still kind of gathering my balance.  I've been here for 2 weeks and just finished my first week at all my schools.

M + T, I work from my main school, Sapyeong middle school.  The kids seem very nice, 3rd grade seemingly very capable, with the rest lower level than I have experienced perhaps?  The co-teacher is phenomenal, but with her I am perplexed.  I need to expound on that later.

W + Th, I work at a school, Dongmyeon, that is just a little bigger, a little closer, and under some construction.  It's still very small, but the kids seem really good, and much higher level.

F, I work in Dongbok, as school that is the farthest away, and that seems to have the biggest disparity of levels of students (maybe I am wrong...3rd grade is just quiet, I was told), is perhaps the smallest, classes of 4, 5, and 7, and a new temporary teacher that is *gorgeous.  I wish I was 20 years younger, wealthier, and good looking.  

Shit the bed on all three levels.  Is that a trifecta?
aaaaaaaaaah.

Comments

Popular Posts