Now that's a tire!

I woke up today and was going to go in early to observe some other teachers.  I had a flat tire.  I didn't have a lot of time, but was able to change the tire in a hurry (to the spare), but it wouldn't leave me enough time to drive to school, park in the K-lot, take the shuttle up to the school area, walk to the library, find the other teacher's classroom, and make it in time, so I called a cab.  That sucked.

I especially needed the extra time because of the maze that is the Miller Center.  I was in the belly of the beast, and it is *huge.  Pretty expansive stuff.  I think I would have liked being an undergrad at St. Cloud, but maybe that's just hindsight.  Sometimes it seems too big.

I am almost done with the 1st semester and while most things are going well, I cannot remember the last time I've felt this much stress.  I've considered some pretty dark things every day for the last couple months.

And then after giving a couple presentations, turning in a paper, getting accepted into a magazine for a piece I wrote, and getting lots of compliments it makes me wonder how I can think one way and others can think another.  Am I that stupid?  I think so.

Now, if I could just hit the lottery so I could go live in someplace cool, like Baguio or Siem Reap.  Maybe Siem Reap in the winter, and Baguio in the summer....with stops in NW, Ontario.  I need a bigger lottery win to make this happen.

Comments

Popular Posts