The Eyes Have It

On a whim, since I had no school today, I tried a new park to the south of me.  It's along the "Grand Canal" here in Tongzhou, and is basically an extension of Tongzhou's Grand Canal Park.  However, it's got "Forest" in the title, since it is indeed somewhat wooded.  And it was surprisingly nice and not too horrifically crowded.  There were a fair amount of people walking around and many with little kids, but it was a nice day and it's generally pretty flat.  When Kim Miseon was here from Korea I definitely should have brought them out here instead of going into the heart and then over to the west side.  Oh well, hindsight.

On another note, this school hired too many teachers at the start of last semester, so they have had one not teaching at all (yet still being paid more than all of the other teachers), another guy had 3 classes a week and was being paid as much or more than the guy teaching 10 classes (and the guy teaching 10 classes did all the prep work and submissions for that group - silly).

Now they want to move people because they shit the bed.  The one that hasn't been teaching is basically not being renewed.  The one that is teaching a few is staying, but they want to make the one teaching 10 move to the high school in the heart of the city.  This place is a zoo.  I am going to try to offer myself up.  If they will buy my plane ticket home and not penalize me, I may see if I can finish after this semester.  I am not perfect at planning, but I've never seen anything like this before.

Oh well.
Pictures that the eyes had today!





































Comments

Popular Posts