Changes

I have an interview for a job at my old alma mater, Bemidji High School.  I am terribly nervous, but I am also very excited.  I realize this would be just jumping into a larger frying pan, because I think education has changed due to technology and then again due to the pandemic, but I think there would be larger support systems.
The students would have more opportunities there, through programs, activities, and sports, and so that might help engagement.  Laporte is getting better, and I most certainly would be sad to move on (it's always difficult, even if things *are difficult), but I feel like a last reinvention of myself would do me a world of good.  Not only that; I think the students of Laporte would like a change from my ugly mug. 
I would love to have a larger faculty group, specifically in an English department, to be able to set expectations and help pacing, etc.  And who knows, if none of that works out, maybe I will hit the lottery.

Sometimes, Change is good.  And sometimes, it's GREAT.




Comments

Popular Posts