I'm A Lumberjack

I haven't announced it to the gallery yet, but I applied for a job at my old alma mater, Bemidji High School, and I got an offer.  I accepted it.  I am over the moon happy, yet a little sad.  Laporte has been one of the most difficult settings I've ever taught in, and there are truly some amazing people there, students included, but I still feel something is missing.  I am not fully sure what it is, but I hope to discover it in my new location next fall.

A few of the teachers in Laporte know, but I will let the bulk of the students and staff know tomorrow if they are in school.  That's never a given.  Sometimes I wish there were two of me.  Sometimes I wish I simply wasn't.  But wishes are silly.  I do know that at my new location, I want to go in with gusto.  When I arrived in Laporte, covid hit full swing and students definitely needed some grace and space to slowly come back to speed.  They're still not there, but it's difficult to raise that bar from where it was.  I plan on playing it much closer to the cuff and much more straight, so the new students I meet know I mean BIDNESS!

Comments

Popular Posts