The Weight
I am lighter than I have been since the spring of 2014. I had lost a ton of weight that spring by going on my high protein low carb diet. I love that diet and feel great on it once I get going, but it's expensive and it's unsustainable due to cost and limits of what you can eat. It's literally eating the same things every specific day and time, so it can become monotonous.
But I've been working my ass off with morning workouts (up at 4 am) and usually another one when I get home from work. It's draining in one way, but I have more energy in another. It actually gives me hope that I could get to where I was in 91? Possible? I think 90-91 I was in the best shape of my life, granted, I was working out at the gym 3 hours a day 6 days a week and lifting 250,000 pounds a workout. I'm not going there, since my joints have suffered from that and then being huge afterward, but I can move again. And I will.
In that, I've also found some inspiration in learning and have taken up Korean again. I am making progress. I am unsure to what end other than just to do it and know it, but I am making good progress and above all, enjoying it. I'm now interested in doing Chinese as well. I wish I'd been more proactive in that regard when I lived in Beijing, but when I asked for help, they just laughed at me, so I was in pure survival mode.
Get after it.
Comments
Post a Comment