Stunned

I recently watched My Mister, a Korean drama that for whatever reason, I had been putting off watching.  As it turns out, it is written by the same writer that wrote My Liberation Notes.  Her writing style, seeming to feature a slow burn and intricate slice of life motif, is amazing.  I am unsure why I put off watching it for so long.  I think it might be because I previously fancied things with more 'action' than romance or subject matter I *thought was in a show.  And while it has IU in it, whom I adore and think is wicked talented, I guess I've never really watched much of her acting things.  But this is one seriously punishingly good series.  I thought My Liberation Notes got into my head - this thing grabbed every ounce of my soul and twisted it in every way possible.  Lee Sun Kyun also stars, which makes it all the more heart rending.  I can't help but feel crushed on how his story played out in real life, and how we truly lost an amazing artist.  It's still stuck in my head, and I am wondering how long it's going to be there.  I loved everything about it - especially that even though it was emotionally dark and taxing at times, it had this hopeful undertones.  It's like an amazing blues song - it's universal, sad, and inspiring. It is uplifting at the same time as it strips you down.  Speaking of...

  



Comments

Popular Posts