Back and Forth

I am excited to see what working at a university will be like, and in particular, in the setting it will be in come August, but I know I will very sad to leave my Friday school.  I am seriously lucky to work all week at two schools that are generally okay, (I love all the students and the teachers are fine, but nothing particularly great stands out at them), and then come to my Friday school where every single teacher and student just seems fantastic.

The one I adore told me she heard I was leaving.  I want to bring her with me.  But she'd never go and has no reason to.  She doesn't know me from Adam, and would be shelving her life here.  I am sure she's got a good thing going with her career and will be able to retire when she wants, where as I will work until they kick me out or I die.  I am thinking the latter, like it or not.

I can't think about it too much or it makes me sad, but I know I need to kind of keep it on the front burner before I go so that it's not nearly as emotionally punishing on the final day.  Maybe if I keep it out there and say as many goodbyes as I can now, I can sneak away later.

Who am I kidding?

Comments

Popular Posts