All's Well That Doesn't Start Here

I am not expecting things to go smoothly once I return to the U.S.
There will be the immediate expenses of cars, insurances, and apartments.  Whatever liquid cash I have saved will be drained quickly.  At least I am thinking that's what's coming.

My biggest worry is that my school is determined to pay me "after the fact".  I think I am fucked.  If they choose to hold things over, I am basically powerless to do anything.  They even went so far as to ask me to "open a citibank" account, because it would be so much easier for them.

How about we borrow some thoughts from Goodfellas, and "fuck you, pay me".  Think it's too much of a hassle to send it to my bank back home? Fuck you, pay me (before I leave).

I have seen things like this end very badly, and now as it turns out I am contractually obligated to bend over and accept this - and I really do think it's coming. I won't be here to contest anything and it will be a *huge pain in the ass.

My co-teacher today went and checked and said, "They will pay you when you finish your contract."  Well...I am leaving 6 days early, but using 7 days vacation for those 6 days, so I am finishing my contract.  Of course, this is the kind of "outside the box thinking" that simply befuddles some people here.  By some people, I mean pretty much everyone.  It's like trying to get through to Nigel Tufnel about the numbers on the amplifier and how they could just call it 10.

But this one goes to 11.



Comments

Popular Posts