Waves
A serious wave of sadness came over me as we were cleaning up the classroom today after camp. The group of second graders I worked with (2nd grade middle school, Korea), are generally a silent bunch with 1 student that can function at a higher level, the rest spread across the spectrum of abilities, but generally, all good kids. Kind of.
Either way, this is the end of the year for me with them. I had them last fall semester and this spring / summer semester, and then poof, it's done and I am gone. Today was the last time I will see them. Likely forever. And that hits a fella hard when he's not got a whole lot goin' on upstairs. I wonder if a person can get hypnotized like the guy in Office Space. I need it. Melancholic.
Either way, this is the end of the year for me with them. I had them last fall semester and this spring / summer semester, and then poof, it's done and I am gone. Today was the last time I will see them. Likely forever. And that hits a fella hard when he's not got a whole lot goin' on upstairs. I wonder if a person can get hypnotized like the guy in Office Space. I need it. Melancholic.
Comments
Post a Comment