Brave New World
I spoke to my father the other day about what is happening in America. He said he has voted in every election since 1947 (I think that was the year he gave), and he said he's never seen anything like this. I can't help think that our democracy is crumbling - along with our construct of reality.
I am not a political party guy. When I was younger, I guess I kind of considered myself on the right side of the spectrum, simply because growing up it seemed like the left side was bat-shit crazy. Nothing they spoke of seemed to make any sense concerning the way things actually were. Now I feel that way about the right side of the aisle - perhaps even more so. But both sides, when entrenched, don't give a shit about the normal people in this world. They want for them and those like them and the rest be damned.
It is in that whole thing that I begin to really pine for returning to Korea. I think, as much as anything, that I love it there because I don't have to pay attention to all this shit. I suppose now there is a danger of Kim Jong Un going crazy (er), but I think even he realizes that it would simply be the end of him, no matter how much damage he does.
And so I cruise the job pages.
And I saw that Hanseo University is hiring STILL. They posted ads a month ago or longer and then again just the other day. It's insane. If I were finished with my M.S., I would be applying for that job. I probably should have, anyway, but oh well. I need to finish, and then see if I can get a job that lasts the year, til January or February of next year, and then go. That Uni gig would allow me winter and summer one month vacays to either home or abroad.
I dream of travel.
I am not a political party guy. When I was younger, I guess I kind of considered myself on the right side of the spectrum, simply because growing up it seemed like the left side was bat-shit crazy. Nothing they spoke of seemed to make any sense concerning the way things actually were. Now I feel that way about the right side of the aisle - perhaps even more so. But both sides, when entrenched, don't give a shit about the normal people in this world. They want for them and those like them and the rest be damned.
It is in that whole thing that I begin to really pine for returning to Korea. I think, as much as anything, that I love it there because I don't have to pay attention to all this shit. I suppose now there is a danger of Kim Jong Un going crazy (er), but I think even he realizes that it would simply be the end of him, no matter how much damage he does.
And so I cruise the job pages.
And I saw that Hanseo University is hiring STILL. They posted ads a month ago or longer and then again just the other day. It's insane. If I were finished with my M.S., I would be applying for that job. I probably should have, anyway, but oh well. I need to finish, and then see if I can get a job that lasts the year, til January or February of next year, and then go. That Uni gig would allow me winter and summer one month vacays to either home or abroad.
I dream of travel.
Comments
Post a Comment