Saddles and Being Back In 'Em

The first couple days back paying attention to food have been tough, but I am beginning to feel better.  I need to ride this for a while.  I was doing quite well until I broke the chain last weekend.  I knew I was going to so I did it up large.

Blue Oyster Cult at the casino was highly righteous.  The whole bacchanalian weekend was fun except for my friend's wife seeming to have melt down after meltdown.  At one point, because I was speaking to a woman that was seated next to me at one of the slot machines and his wife heard the lady's voice through the phone, she assumed he was having an affair or flirting with some lady.

Of course when he handed me the phone to explain, I accidentally hit the off button on the side of the phone.  That, perhaps, compounded the issue.  It made no difference, since she called every 5 minutes for the first 2 or 3 hours of the trip, at one point asking to speak to him for 5 minutes and what ended up being over half an hour of explaining to him why he sucks.

I would say to bring her with on any trip he takes, but she's always ill, so she rarely leaves the house anyway.  Ah well, I have my own freakish problems, so she probably thinks the same of me.  I wish her well and wish she would get better in the most sincere way, mentally and physically, because her happiness or lack there of also exponentially affects my friend's happiness.

Back to the carbs, I ate at least parts of a pizza, giant burrito, sausage biscuit, sub sandwich, and Chinese food, over the course of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and any gains I had made on the weight loss front were wiped out - to be expected.  Not only did I wipe out the gains (losses), but I just generally felt like absolute shit.  Per one of the last posts on here, 'carbs are the devil!'

But now I am back in the saddle...and ready to ride.

Comments

Popular Posts