Youth Is Wasted on the Young
Even with the benefit of time
and having done many different things in my life,
I feel like I missed the boat.
I started too late.
Sometimes it makes me think of Pink Floyd and the song, Time,
and the first time I realized
they were talking about life and how due to static state we often don't realize time is wasting.
I've missed the starting gun.
Yet I look at some others and see them not even yet approaching the gate.
And some seem okay with that?
I just feel like time is now increasingly short...because it is.
And I need another go at it before I'm gone.
It is indeed my mid-life crisis.
And I go it alone, as usual, because while it is somewhat terrifying for me,
it must look really crazy to anyone else.
Sorry you had to see this.
and having done many different things in my life,
I feel like I missed the boat.
I started too late.
Sometimes it makes me think of Pink Floyd and the song, Time,
and the first time I realized
they were talking about life and how due to static state we often don't realize time is wasting.
I've missed the starting gun.
Yet I look at some others and see them not even yet approaching the gate.
And some seem okay with that?
I just feel like time is now increasingly short...because it is.
And I need another go at it before I'm gone.
It is indeed my mid-life crisis.
And I go it alone, as usual, because while it is somewhat terrifying for me,
it must look really crazy to anyone else.
Sorry you had to see this.
Comments
Post a Comment