Adjusted
Things are almost set, but there are a few more things that need adjusting. My internet is one that I am torn on. I now have free internet, but will have to see if I can get Flickr unblocked. For whatever reason I can't use it. I do worry, however, that with it being free (aka - through the school) I will come across many things that will be blocked and it's a pain in the ass to have to go through and get stuff unblocked just for me. Which makes me think it may be worth it to just pay the 32k per month to get my own internet. I can hear them talking now...
Anyway...I am also hoping I can get paid soon so that I can get the rest of the things I need, like real coffee, etc. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), there's no Costco in Gwangju. It kind of surprises me as I think it's big enough to sustain it, but perhaps they're trying to keep it away so that the little guys can survive. As it is, EMart and Lotte Marte close every other Sunday to let the little guys feed on the scraps...mighty nice of them.
I would very much like to get an oven, though I don't have a lot of room. Other than that and a coffee maker / grinder / and real coffee, I am almost set to hunker down in ride this all out.
Let's hope everything goes smoother from here on out.
After all, beach season is officially over and fall is upon us.
Anyway...I am also hoping I can get paid soon so that I can get the rest of the things I need, like real coffee, etc. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), there's no Costco in Gwangju. It kind of surprises me as I think it's big enough to sustain it, but perhaps they're trying to keep it away so that the little guys can survive. As it is, EMart and Lotte Marte close every other Sunday to let the little guys feed on the scraps...mighty nice of them.
I would very much like to get an oven, though I don't have a lot of room. Other than that and a coffee maker / grinder / and real coffee, I am almost set to hunker down in ride this all out.
Let's hope everything goes smoother from here on out.
After all, beach season is officially over and fall is upon us.

Comments
Post a Comment