Maladjusted

Back to the trouble of iffy internet.
I went home yesterday after school and was planning on completing a couple powerpoints for my classes today, or at the very least, adjusting them to the materials I now have to use for middle school.  When I got home, the internet wouldn't work again.  That is incredibly frustrating.
I really want to like it here, but holy cow do the little problems with being super far away from everything creep in.  I don't want to be in Seoul.  I don't even want to be in Gwangju, but being on the mainland a *little closer to other cultural things whether they're food or experience related would sure be nice.  Part of the reason I wanted to come back to Korea was not only to continue learning how to be a better teacher, but to go see more of the country that kind of stole my heart the last time I was here.  I am so wickedly far from *everything here it's painful.
I guess the next main step that would give me some freedom would be to get a car again so that I can jettison from the island a couple times a month and go explore.  I just wish I would get paid so I can begin that process too.

Comments

Popular Posts