Wildlife
I am severely dragging today.
I woke up a few times last night feeling things doing sprints across me.
I think the first was around 1:30 and it was on my back left shoulder blade.
I'm unsure if I was able to bat it away, but I didn't feel it after I swiped at it.
What seemed like shortly after that, at about 2:20, I felt something crawl on my ankle.
I hoped it was a fly but assumed it was Satan.
Being that it disrupted me enough I turned on the light and saw nothing.
I was still awake and was then kind of wondering what was going on so I turned
on my computer and then went to use the bathroom.
When I came back, near where my feet were next to my computer bag, I saw it.
I woke up a few times last night feeling things doing sprints across me.
I think the first was around 1:30 and it was on my back left shoulder blade.
I'm unsure if I was able to bat it away, but I didn't feel it after I swiped at it.
What seemed like shortly after that, at about 2:20, I felt something crawl on my ankle.
I hoped it was a fly but assumed it was Satan.
Being that it disrupted me enough I turned on the light and saw nothing.
I was still awake and was then kind of wondering what was going on so I turned
on my computer and then went to use the bathroom.
When I came back, near where my feet were next to my computer bag, I saw it.
You can believe me when I say that I am no happier about this post than anyone that might have the opportunity to read it. While in some ways I find bugs a little fascinating, that particular fascination only stays fascination when there is a plate of glass between me and such creatures. Or if they are under my foot...but nowhere near where I need to sleep.
I was, however, thankful that he acted like a partridge and basically hid in plain sight while I grabbed the "Raid" can (Korean style) and flung the computer bag away and commenced to gassing the shit out of him.
I was able to fling him using a big manila envelope out toward the doorway and watched him curl up, stretch out, and sigh his last breath just outside my door. I am only hoping others didn't hear him in his throws of death or agony. Perhaps I should pull the "Little Bill" from the Unforgiven and put a sign around him and put him by my doorway.
All I know is that the school told me today that my apartment would not be ready when the re-modelers had said it would be. I guess I can't say I am surprised, as they seem to work every third day. I just need it to get done as soon as possible because I am still living out of suitcases for the most part and just want to get in, get set up, buy a god damned coffee maker, and sleep in an actual bed. The floor, while I have somewhat adjusted to it, is getting very old.

Comments
Post a Comment