The Rotation

It seems odd how I feel like I am in this wicked cycle of pain in the ass.
It makes me wonder why I like living in Korea so much, because this time around, I'm experiencing not stop glitches.
I have a work-space at school that is constantly encountering problems.  The computer is archaic and when it isn't acting up, the other teachers need it as some sort of server or network dispersion tool for test scores (or something, I have no idea - all I know for sure is that they kick me off it.)

I could bring my laptop in, and was doing that, but then I need to reset the isp numbers every single time.  And that's just as big of a pain in the ass.

So this morning, they needed the computer for something shortly after I got there so I made myself scarce.  I returned a while later, and then the computer didn't work at all.  It was on, the monitor was on, but there was nothing happening.

I got down on the floor and looked a bit to make sure everything was plugged in correctly, but there is a menagerie of cords that go to many different things, of which some seem to be network cables to other areas...no idea.

I left again in disgust.  Pretty depressed about the situation at my main school.  The computer lady who sits across from me seems to have complete disdain for my being.  It is indeed going to be a very long year.  I wish I taught more hours so I could deal with the students.  They seem to enjoy having me there.

Comments

Popular Posts