Quest

I don't know how I will do it, but I am going to try to do my no carb diet here for the next couple weeks.  I can't find spinach, so I don't know what I will use.  And beef if so expensive it's criminal...but I may try to get some of the galbi chunks from Kosa mart.

A steak the size of a piece of pumpernickel bread but half as thick is about 15 dollars, so I am not going to do that.  I have some chicken breasts finally, so I will try to use those...I get those on Sundays...but I may try to use those on the steak days to save money - we'll just have to see how it shakes out.  I just need to get rid of all the carbs...which is quite difficult in Korea.  At least I don't have a lot of restaurants tempting me on the island...there's only a couple that serve single meals.  Nearly everything is set up for multiple people (3 or more) and pretty much all of my schools' teachers leave the island whenever they can.

It's impossible to find a lot of the foods I need for the diet on this island.  Some days I can't get lettuce, cucumber, or tomatoes.  Grapefruit is not happening, though I have some from Gwangju...though I wonder how long I can get it.  Earlier this year I bought 2 packages of it, but went back for more 2 weeks later and they didn't have any.

I really miss my students while they're on vacation, and I will seriously miss them when I leave, but I have now admitted to myself, I am already counting down the weeks, days, hours, and minutes until I can leave here.  It's been pretty much a comedy of errors from the moment I arrived.  Just want to be done with it, but want to leave everything positively on the way out.  I want my students to continue learning, and my co-teachers and schools to have a good opinion of me as I leave.  I've already signed on to do an extra kindergarten class at my other elementary school, but that was a no-brainer...they're fun!

Comments

Popular Posts