Crippling
Last week my school reformatted (or something) my school computer. It's the second time they've done it since I arrived in August / September of last year. This time, it was to add English versions of Microsoft Office (I think).
In doing so, they eliminated the use of the Hangeul (Korean language) toggle feature. It also got rid of all of the files I'd saved on the computer. Thankfully, I save everything twice or three times, once on this boat anchor, and once on my thumb drive, just to be sure. Then I usually save it on my own computer at home when I get there. Sometimes I even email it to myself, just to have it out there.
Now I found that I needed to re-install the cds that accompany the textbooks. And they won't do it, because they've fucked up something and it won't read them to install. It errors out immediately.
I am in awe. Without a doubt, taking this job / assignment was THE dumbest fucking thing I have ever done. Certainly, had it not been for my elementary school teacher, Mr. Go, I would have left a long time ago, but this just seems to continually compound. It is going to be an excruciating last 4 months before I get the hell out of here. I don't know where I am going, but I know I am getting the fuck out of here. Unbelievable.
In doing so, they eliminated the use of the Hangeul (Korean language) toggle feature. It also got rid of all of the files I'd saved on the computer. Thankfully, I save everything twice or three times, once on this boat anchor, and once on my thumb drive, just to be sure. Then I usually save it on my own computer at home when I get there. Sometimes I even email it to myself, just to have it out there.
Now I found that I needed to re-install the cds that accompany the textbooks. And they won't do it, because they've fucked up something and it won't read them to install. It errors out immediately.
I am in awe. Without a doubt, taking this job / assignment was THE dumbest fucking thing I have ever done. Certainly, had it not been for my elementary school teacher, Mr. Go, I would have left a long time ago, but this just seems to continually compound. It is going to be an excruciating last 4 months before I get the hell out of here. I don't know where I am going, but I know I am getting the fuck out of here. Unbelievable.
Comments
Post a Comment