Days
I am just days away from finishing here on the island.
I met my replacement and he is excited to get here and begin. I am sure they will love him here. He is younger and leaner. Perhaps they'll talk to him.
I met him in Gwangju at the new orientation for the incoming teachers. I gave another speech on the use of games in teaching. I don't think it went nearly as well as last time, but oh well. I guess it's going to be different every time.
I also met my new co-teacher and she seems very nice. I was also happy to hear that when I do show up on Thursday morning (where ever...) I will just meet and greet and not do any teaching until Monday the 25th. I have a hunch that right there is an indication of how much different this place will be.
In the spirit of being proactive, I drove to Hwasun on Saturday to make sure I'd know how to get there. It was easy and when I got there, the place looked absolutely beautiful. The mountains surrounding the city looked pretty stunning and I am excited to explore and get some photos.
Last night I went to bed at a normal hour but didn't sleep well. I suppose I am still thinking about today and tomorrow and the next. I woke up at 4 and was up until almost 5:30. It was raining *really hard. I think that's what woke me up. Now I am up for good and I have a headache.
Seize the ibuprofen.
I met my replacement and he is excited to get here and begin. I am sure they will love him here. He is younger and leaner. Perhaps they'll talk to him.
I met him in Gwangju at the new orientation for the incoming teachers. I gave another speech on the use of games in teaching. I don't think it went nearly as well as last time, but oh well. I guess it's going to be different every time.
I also met my new co-teacher and she seems very nice. I was also happy to hear that when I do show up on Thursday morning (where ever...) I will just meet and greet and not do any teaching until Monday the 25th. I have a hunch that right there is an indication of how much different this place will be.
In the spirit of being proactive, I drove to Hwasun on Saturday to make sure I'd know how to get there. It was easy and when I got there, the place looked absolutely beautiful. The mountains surrounding the city looked pretty stunning and I am excited to explore and get some photos.
Last night I went to bed at a normal hour but didn't sleep well. I suppose I am still thinking about today and tomorrow and the next. I woke up at 4 and was up until almost 5:30. It was raining *really hard. I think that's what woke me up. Now I am up for good and I have a headache.
Seize the ibuprofen.
Comments
Post a Comment