Feelsuh

The memories of Korea don't fade.  I enjoy my work and pay here enough to last for a while, but I still think of Korea nearly every day.  What I need to do is hit the lottery so I can enjoy the best of it all, staying here for opening fishing and part of the summer, and spending the 3 or 4 months of fall in Korea.

I rarely if ever smile, not due to constantly being gloomy, but nothing occurs to me that would make me smile at any given moment...until I think of my old students or the times I had in Korea - even the ones that were not so good.

My life on Imja was a difficult year, and yet I miss it.  I think had I bought a car that year instead of waiting (though fuel oil for the apartment was wicked expensive), I would have been infinitely happier.

No matter what, though, when I sit in my office and see some of my Korean pictures on my wall, or if I see the Korean stuff I have, my thoughts go the the best of those times, the people I met, and the students I worked with, and I can't help but smile...an actual smile.

At least I have that, right?

Comments

Popular Posts