Score! (And Seven Years Ago).
Last year at this time, I felt pretty good as well, I had moved back home, was working toward my M.S. in TESL, and was working with amazing Professors, staff, and students at SCSU. It helped me better formulate ideas relating to my job, language learning, and how students go about things (as if I shouldn't know by now!).
Now I am embarking on yet a new gig. In a small town in Minnesota, with an incredibly diverse community. I hope it plays out like I want it to. While I think there won't be any Miseon, Shin Harkgyoon, Tom, Daniel, Lee JunKu, Kagey, QiuPing, Grazina, EunSeo, HaNeul, Hee Yang, or Foley's, maybe that is simply the nay-sayer in me.
I ultimately realize there are no Seoraksans, Jirisans, or simple Gaeshimsas, and maybe that is what pains me most. But that is my fault. I need to expand my circles and quest the way I used to quest. I never see anyone outside of work anymore, perhaps partly due to choice. I never used to be this way, but not working in "public" has taken me away.
It needs to change.
It must.
It will.
Tomorrow begins..
Now.
Comments
Post a Comment