Testing, 1, 2, testing...
Worked with a district liaison today to test some of the students in my school. Interesting - and as I suspect, the students actually seem quite intelligent and it has little to do with language issues but more with LD issues or behavioral issues.
At any rate, while I felt some despair in the last few days due to lack of direction and fear of the unknown with this job and its future, I feel a little better in that regard today. Part of the settling feeling is coming to an understanding that without students, I can't do much, but realizing that I will simply have to adjust how I *thought the job would play out.
Instead of pulling a student to work with them (primarily), I think I will end up going to specific classrooms to help any EL students that need it. (I'll just have to stay away from math...ick!)
*&^%. I need to learn math.
At any rate, while I felt some despair in the last few days due to lack of direction and fear of the unknown with this job and its future, I feel a little better in that regard today. Part of the settling feeling is coming to an understanding that without students, I can't do much, but realizing that I will simply have to adjust how I *thought the job would play out.
Instead of pulling a student to work with them (primarily), I think I will end up going to specific classrooms to help any EL students that need it. (I'll just have to stay away from math...ick!)
*&^%. I need to learn math.
Comments
Post a Comment