Mokpo
I traveled to Mokpo on Friday for a meeting at the Jeollanamdo Office of Education. I am picking up extra work through on-line teaching. I am certain it will be a bit of a headache, but with 5 months left here, I can make another 1,000-1,500 dollars or so before I go. It will pay for my plane ticket home. A big part of me still wants to just move to another area in Korea as I just haven't been able to do much here and definitely haven't been able to see the things I wanted to see, but I just don't think it's in the cards. There's still a chance.
I do, however, worry a bit about my dad, now. He sounded a bit rough on the phone today and had been battling a pretty brutal intestinal bug of some kind and all the things that go along with it. I wouldn't get to see him much more than I presently do, but I'd be closer, and after what I went through with my mom, perhaps that's for the best.
I still don't know what I will do when I return. Looking for work is horrible because you have to self-promote, and I am the world's worst at doing that. I guess I will just survive.
On a better note, I did get to see a friend when I went to Mokpo. I saw a few others at the meeting that I'd met at orientation, but they didn't say anything to me and I felt a little odd. I shared a cab with one girl back to the bus terminal. I realized when talking to her, other than seeing the small group of people at Jirisan when I hiked for the second time in early or mid-Novemeber, that she was the 2nd English speaker I'd seen here.
Oh, that's wrong too, because I saw some when I went to Seosan in September. But I didn't know many of them, and that felt weird, too.
Change happens all around us, and we often aren't paying attention to the important things as it occurs. Dumb all over.
I do, however, worry a bit about my dad, now. He sounded a bit rough on the phone today and had been battling a pretty brutal intestinal bug of some kind and all the things that go along with it. I wouldn't get to see him much more than I presently do, but I'd be closer, and after what I went through with my mom, perhaps that's for the best.
I still don't know what I will do when I return. Looking for work is horrible because you have to self-promote, and I am the world's worst at doing that. I guess I will just survive.
On a better note, I did get to see a friend when I went to Mokpo. I saw a few others at the meeting that I'd met at orientation, but they didn't say anything to me and I felt a little odd. I shared a cab with one girl back to the bus terminal. I realized when talking to her, other than seeing the small group of people at Jirisan when I hiked for the second time in early or mid-Novemeber, that she was the 2nd English speaker I'd seen here.
Oh, that's wrong too, because I saw some when I went to Seosan in September. But I didn't know many of them, and that felt weird, too.
Change happens all around us, and we often aren't paying attention to the important things as it occurs. Dumb all over.
Comments
Post a Comment