Volume

I am truly mystified by the volume of recurring difficulties I encounter here.  This morning I came to school and my computer had the "black screen of death", the slightly less nefarious version of its bluer brother.  It said it lost certifications with various entities within and outside the machine and that it may need to be re-installed, etc.

When I last left this piece of shit it was operating somewhat fine, although the Microsoft Office had stuff that simply wasn't working, with Word not being able to save.  And of course all the printers were broken most of the week.  They're working now, but my machine won't print to them.

I teach K, 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, and 11th grades, and grades 3,4,8,10, and 11 have new textbooks.  I don't have to teach from the textbook for the 10th and 11th grades, but I am going to try to stick close to that subject matter because I think they'll benefit from the continuity of instruction from both their Korean teachers and then myself.  But I am *constantly making new lessons to the point where there is no downtime.  I find I have to do the bulk of that lesson planning at home on my free time because all of the computers at the schools I teach in are either incredibly slow or simply don't work.  Occasionally it was like this in Seosan, but not *nearly to this degree.  Oh to be wiser...

On a lighter note, my elementary school kids *loved dancing to Pharrell William's, Happy.  For the 3rd and or 4th graders it was actually applicable as well because we are within chapters that are talking about feelings and emotions; happy, angry, surprised, etc.

Comments

Popular Posts