Technology
I am still dumbfounded how the "most wired country in the world" can have such old and decrepit computers. I went to school this morning to find my machine disabled for the 3rd time in three days. When I got there the computer was on, but it was on the same black screen of death as was there the last 3 days.
I immediately reset the date and time like I did yesterday. It rebooted, came to life, and then there was no internet. The I.T. lady, or the lady that sits across from me who knows a little more than I (and can read all the Korean prompts) looked, tweaked some wires, and got nothing.
She then spoke a million things in Korean and went back to her desk. I just smiled and wrote a note to my co-teacher saying I was going back to my apartment to work on my computer and if she needed me, call.
It's just amazing.
I have to plan classes for *every single grade, yet they give me no tools to do it with.
22 weeks. 5 months and 2 days. 3720 hours. 13,392,000 seconds.
May it speed.
I immediately reset the date and time like I did yesterday. It rebooted, came to life, and then there was no internet. The I.T. lady, or the lady that sits across from me who knows a little more than I (and can read all the Korean prompts) looked, tweaked some wires, and got nothing.
She then spoke a million things in Korean and went back to her desk. I just smiled and wrote a note to my co-teacher saying I was going back to my apartment to work on my computer and if she needed me, call.
It's just amazing.
I have to plan classes for *every single grade, yet they give me no tools to do it with.
22 weeks. 5 months and 2 days. 3720 hours. 13,392,000 seconds.
May it speed.
Comments
Post a Comment