Flipped
I yelled at my High Schoolers today. Just with a loud "Hey", to get their attention, because nothing else seemed to. It drives me fucking nuts. They are low level, and I get that, I am fine with that, but not giving a shit about anything...it's no wonder they're low level. I honestly don't know that any of them in that class give a shit about *anything to do with school. And I understand that, too, but to be disrespectful and just continue to jabber while the teacher is trying to talk.
I let it fly that I would be leaving in 3 months.
Thankfully, they are low enough level to the point where who knows if they understood what I said. And ultimately, even if they did, I don't think they give a shit.
The class that followed them has 10 more students in it and they are a *blast.
We talked about language and the difficulty experienced between Hangeul and English. They get it. Even f I sometimes don't. It's a world of difference in two different classrooms. I guess for the first class of the day, I will need to simply do low level elementary crap. And I am fine with that, but I just think no matter what I do, they just don't care.
Once again...wondering why I am even breathing.
Teaching can be so awesome and so horrible...all in the same day.
I let it fly that I would be leaving in 3 months.
Thankfully, they are low enough level to the point where who knows if they understood what I said. And ultimately, even if they did, I don't think they give a shit.
The class that followed them has 10 more students in it and they are a *blast.
We talked about language and the difficulty experienced between Hangeul and English. They get it. Even f I sometimes don't. It's a world of difference in two different classrooms. I guess for the first class of the day, I will need to simply do low level elementary crap. And I am fine with that, but I just think no matter what I do, they just don't care.
Once again...wondering why I am even breathing.
Teaching can be so awesome and so horrible...all in the same day.
Comments
Post a Comment