Rock Starts and Smooth Sailing

My day began terribly with my USB breaking and losing all my work right before classes.  I had to do classes from scratch, but either the kids were cooperative, or I knew what I was doing, because the day ended up going well.

The grade 3 middle school students cooperated better than ever, perhaps because I had friends visiting the island, so they were inquisitive.  I introduced Cynthia and Adam to them for the last 10 minutes of class and it went really well.

Afterward, my Principal let me leave early, and we walked toward Yong Non Gol beach.  We ended up hitch hiking and getting rides both to and from the beach, which was fantastic.  Before we caught the ride to the beach, we kicked up a pheasant.  Impressive bird.  Adam was *right on him before he burst up into the air.

While we were at the beach I got lots of good photos and at least opportunities for good ones, which doesn't seem all that common.  Perhaps attitude is just as important in that art.  I dunno.  After the beach, we immediately got a ride to Mana Restaurant.  The two guys in the Bongo III knew me.  No idea.  I suppose, being the only foreigner on the island I stick out like a sore (and very big thumb).

Mana was delicious, the sun was *huge as it set and I got some photos, and we had some beer and played Spot It to finish the night.  Probably my most pleasurable and best day on the island to date.  I wish there were more of them.































Comments

Popular Posts