The Plan
I met with my adviser this weekend. I had to take multiple forms of transport to get there, but I finally met him after about 6 or 7 hours of travel up in Itaewon, South Korea. It was good to finally meet him in person. He laid out a plan for me to delve back into and finish the Masters...and it's terrifying. I don't know how people do it. But ultimately, I know if I finished it, I would be considerably happier and it would open up even more doors in the U.S. than my initial English teaching degree - there are *so many jobs for ESL posted in Minnesota.
But it would basically just be 2 more years of hell...ever increasing hell at that.
I just worry that I don't have the smarts for it.
It would be:
2 classes this fall.
2 classes next spring.
2 classes in Summer of 2015 with one being the research portion of my thesis.
3 courses in fall of 2015 (with the TESL practicum, a class I don't know, and the thesis.) - all with the potential of the G.A. with stipend and 8 free credits.
3 in the spring another G.A. with elementary student teaching (maybe time reduced due to service here in all grades).
Sigh.
But it would basically just be 2 more years of hell...ever increasing hell at that.
I just worry that I don't have the smarts for it.
It would be:
2 classes this fall.
2 classes next spring.
2 classes in Summer of 2015 with one being the research portion of my thesis.
3 courses in fall of 2015 (with the TESL practicum, a class I don't know, and the thesis.) - all with the potential of the G.A. with stipend and 8 free credits.
3 in the spring another G.A. with elementary student teaching (maybe time reduced due to service here in all grades).
Sigh.
Comments
Post a Comment