Vacation

I am trying to enjoy my vacation, and I actually am, but I have the nagging feeling I am worried about leaving.  It's such a short period of time I get to be here.  I need to relish the time, however, precisely because it is so short.

I am happy, however, that so far the skies have been blue and high, the stars have been big and bright, and it's just been over-all fantastic being able to spend some time with my dad and hang out in the middle of the coolest place on earth.

I'll take it.









Before I left for vacation I got to say goodbye to some of my students.  I will still see many of them again, but some, perhaps not.  It is odd how a place that cause me so much mental anguish last year still has so many things about it that I will really miss.

It really taught me that one of the true things I value is people, when I kind of believed exactly the opposite.  Having fun, smart, and adorable students really made things far less painful and I will very much miss them when I leave.  I am sure they think I won't remember them, but they are truly with me forever.














The last photos were from my bigger elementary school and they are fun kids.  I get to do a camp with my smaller school when I return and as much as I am not looking forward to going back, I am excited to see those students.  They are super fun.

Comments

Popular Posts