Dump
I spent last night making a game for my grade 3 students and it seemed to go quite well today, though the sound didn't seem to work. I considered that a small loss, as at least the content was there and playable. Part of the problem with my Wednesday / Thursday school is the computer, which has a monitor from circa 1979, Yea, most connected country in the world...with Internet Explorer. I am sure Netscape and AOL are big here too, somewhere.
Either way, I got here this morning and powered through making a whole new presentation for my 2nd graders, saved it, the program crashed a few times when bringing up other ppts, (I know, shocking, right?) and lo and behold, something I finished making just over an hour before and that worked fine upon testing, no longer worked when I needed it for class.
I have a hunch it's because there are multiple versions of Microsoft Office and or Power Point on this computer, and that along with the English language pack are causing grief. Yet again, it's just another tool we're given that doesn't work and we're expected to plow through it. It's a losing battle. I don't know how the Korean teachers deal with it, but I suspect it's because they have a vastly superior number of resources available to them. And we just don't.
Either way, I got here this morning and powered through making a whole new presentation for my 2nd graders, saved it, the program crashed a few times when bringing up other ppts, (I know, shocking, right?) and lo and behold, something I finished making just over an hour before and that worked fine upon testing, no longer worked when I needed it for class.
I have a hunch it's because there are multiple versions of Microsoft Office and or Power Point on this computer, and that along with the English language pack are causing grief. Yet again, it's just another tool we're given that doesn't work and we're expected to plow through it. It's a losing battle. I don't know how the Korean teachers deal with it, but I suspect it's because they have a vastly superior number of resources available to them. And we just don't.
Comments
Post a Comment