Eel ga doobunjae

Second night in a row I had a school dinner.
This one at a new restaurant on the island.
When I asked where, my co-teacher said with a straight face, "Deok sarang.  The love of chicken."
I wanted to bust out laughing.

It's a new place with flashing neon fringe.
It's very nice inside.
The food was ok.
It was a spicy yet kind of tasteless chicken that we cooked in chunks on a stone pan.
Afterward, they bring out the skeleton packed with rice, dates, and pumpkin.
And after that, they bring out the wings, thighs, and feet, cooked.
I was full by then, so I just watched the show from then on.

After that, they brought juk, rice porridge - which is basically the desert.
I am not a fan of it and my co-teacher had said I could leave, so I did.
While it was nice, it seems it's yet another restaurant with group dishes,
this one being 50-60 dollars a pop for maybe 3 people or 4 people.

I'd rather have Orijumeoleok.  Though the Ori place on my island is not nearly as delicious as
the one that everyone frequented in Seosan.
But what the hell do I know, anyway.
Absolutely nothing.

Comments

Popular Posts