Feel That. (No, up higher...)
Today I asked about my camp more in depth. I guess I am glad I did.
Initially my co-teacher had said it would be from 9 to 12 for 2 weeks. I broke it down on the board while we were on break, as much for me as him. I wanted to get a better idea of the number of students, what I need to prepare, etc.
"How many students?" I asked.
"Nine or ten, I think," he answered.
I wrote out the days on the board, each one in chalk with a space where New Year's Day is.
"Yay." I get New Year's Day off, I thought. Why bother.
"And it's 9 am to noon, right?"
"Right. 4 hours a day," he said.
"Uh, that's three hours."
"No. Four."
I could see the smoke coming from him as he did some computing. He picked up the chalk and wrote 9, 10, 11, 12, on the board. Then he added little frowns above and between the numbers, as if the frowns were jumping from digit to digit, wanting nothing to do with the commas below. I wanted nothing to do with the commas below, too.
"It's ok. In for a penny, in for a pound." I said.
"Oh my god," he said.
"Yes. I guess that, too."
Just after lunch, as we sat waiting for the students to come to the room (and for me to go to the kindergarten to work with them), he brought up the subject of funding. I had shown him pictures of the banana bread, chili, and chicken wraps with ranch dressing I intend to make over the course of the camp.
"Last year, we had over 3 million won for camp!" he mentioned pretty excitedly.
"Wow. That's almost three thousand dollars!" I said.
"Yes. This year we have 30,000 won for camp."
From where ever you are, if you are reading this - feel that.
No, up higher.
That's the love you're feeling.
Me too.
Initially my co-teacher had said it would be from 9 to 12 for 2 weeks. I broke it down on the board while we were on break, as much for me as him. I wanted to get a better idea of the number of students, what I need to prepare, etc.
"How many students?" I asked.
"Nine or ten, I think," he answered.
I wrote out the days on the board, each one in chalk with a space where New Year's Day is.
"Yay." I get New Year's Day off, I thought. Why bother.
"And it's 9 am to noon, right?"
"Right. 4 hours a day," he said.
"Uh, that's three hours."
"No. Four."
I could see the smoke coming from him as he did some computing. He picked up the chalk and wrote 9, 10, 11, 12, on the board. Then he added little frowns above and between the numbers, as if the frowns were jumping from digit to digit, wanting nothing to do with the commas below. I wanted nothing to do with the commas below, too.
"It's ok. In for a penny, in for a pound." I said.
"Oh my god," he said.
"Yes. I guess that, too."
Just after lunch, as we sat waiting for the students to come to the room (and for me to go to the kindergarten to work with them), he brought up the subject of funding. I had shown him pictures of the banana bread, chili, and chicken wraps with ranch dressing I intend to make over the course of the camp.
"Last year, we had over 3 million won for camp!" he mentioned pretty excitedly.
"Wow. That's almost three thousand dollars!" I said.
"Yes. This year we have 30,000 won for camp."
From where ever you are, if you are reading this - feel that.
No, up higher.
That's the love you're feeling.
Me too.
:( :( :(
ReplyDelete9, 10, 11, 12
need to add an :( over a 12,1. Camp is 4 hours a day. Hi Megan!
ReplyDelete